Love nature? Then you're going to love The Nat.
The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking an Annual Fund and Stewardship Coordinator whose attention to detail and commitment to donor stewardship will help the development team raise funds to support our mission to preserve nature and biodiversity in this amazing place we call home.
This position is responsible for coordinating all gift processing activities, managing the Annual Fund, managing donor stewardship events, and supporting the development department. The successful candidate must demonstrate superb attention to detail and strong writing and project management skills. This position reports to the Senior Director of Development and Grants.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate all gift processing activities- 35%
- Processes all donations daily (gift entry, acknowledgements, and donor recognition) via Altru; works closely with Database Administrator to ensure accurate entry of gift information.
- Produces thank you letters and manages the acknowledgement process; work closely with Development Officers and program staff to ensure accurate, personalized and timely acknowledgements.
- Sends daily gift reports.
- Prepares weekly donor call list report for CEO and Development Officers.
- Organizes all gift information for the physical and cloud-based donor files.
- Tracks outstanding pledges and monitor pledge payment activity and reminders.
- Updates constituent records, including e-mail addresses, address changes, relationships, attributes, etc. as new information is received from donors.
- Tracks donor recognition names and requirements; helps track that all donor signage and printed materials are accurate and updated online and in the Museum.
- Recommends updates for policies and procedures related to gift processing activities.
- Plan, design and implement the Annual Fund- 35%
- Plans, organizes and implements the Museum's annual fund program, including traditional mail and digital giving activities, with a goal of acquiring new donors for the Museum.
- Writes all annual fund pieces, including appeals and thank you letters (direct mail and digital).
- Coordinates appeal focus and content with IA management and program area managers.
- Works with the Database Administrator to segment and track all mailings via Altru.
- Works closely with the Communications team to produce creative and successful traditional mail packages, digital campaigns, and other materials.
- Works with outside vendors to facilitate production and mailing of print pieces and other items.
- Manages digital giving content.
- Manages recurring giving program.
- Manages Staff giving program and staff payroll contribution deductions.
- Manages the annual fund budget of revenue and expenses.
- Works with Museum store and Visitor Services to track round-up donations.
- Creates and sends annual tax summaries for recurring and staff donors.
- Tracks national annual fund and online giving trends and makes recommendations.
- Attends regular meetings of counterparts at other organizations to stay aware of local trends.
- Manage Donor Stewardship Events- 25%
- Works with the development team to plan stewardship events for various donor groups (Leadership Circles, Live Oaks Society, Behind the Scenes Tours, Trips, Receptions).
- Researches, plans, and executes all aspects of development events and trips, both in person and virtual.
- Reserves dates and spaces on Museum calendar; creates event work orders and determines vendor needs with the Special Events team.
- Works with the Database Administrator to segment and plan invitations.
- Writes invitation text (physical or digital, depending on event) and works with communications team to design invitation package as needed.
- Manages the RSVPs via Altru.
- Manages check-in/registration the day-of the event.
- Coordinates event thank you letters (post event).
- Tracks gifts-in-kind (event catering, in coordination with Special Events team).
- Institutional Advancement general support- 5%
- Assists with in person and virtual development and membership events as needed.
- Assists with other Museum department events as assigned.
- Actively participates in regular Museum and department meetings.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Two years professional nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Must have knowledge of gift processing, event planning, and annual fund programs.
- Constituent Records Management (CRM)/prospect database experience is required, Altru experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, SharePoint, Excel, Teams, and Outlook, is required.
- Record of successful experience in activities requiring customer service and/or donor relations.
- Ability to manage projects: complete projects accurately and completely concurrent projects within deadlines.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits such as health insurance, vacation, sick-time, 14 paid holidays, free admission into all of Balboa Park's museums, and more.
The salary for this position is $20-22 per hour for a 40-hour per week schedule. This position is required to work on site in Balboa Park no less than four days per week, with the option to work remotely one day per week.
Ready to apply? Please submit a single PDF file containing your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples by October 18, 2021 to email@example.com with the following subject: Coordinator Application from (Insert Your Name).
A little more about us.
The San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat) was founded by amateur naturalists in 1874 and has played a major role in the conversation of our region. Having recently completed a strategic plan, The Nat is looking forward to an exciting new era as it approaches its 150th anniversary, focused on innovative audience engagement and an increased role in conservation. http://sdnat.org
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency