Love nature? Then you're going to love The Nat.
The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking an Assistant Director of Development who will raise funds to support our mission to preserve nature and biodiversity in this amazing place we call home.
The Assistant Director of Development is focused on expanding philanthropic revenue and deepening donor relationships. Responsibilities include managing a portfolio of 85-100 individual donors and overseeing the Leadership Circles program. The position reports to the VP of Advancement and is an integral member of the development team.
Your Day-to-Day Work
- Manages a portfolio (85-100) of individual donors and prospects.
- Develops identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for new and current donors and prospects.
- Through research and best practices, identify, cultivate and solicit individuals for general operating support, program support and planned giving, rooted in our organizational case for support
- Plans and implements customized cultivation and stewardship activities for portfolio, including reporting, meetings, tours, and other appropriate activities.
- Actively participates in The Nat's 150th anniversary capital campaign.
- Writes LOIs, grant proposals, cover letters, prepares budgets, and compiles requested information to create complete solicitation packages.
- Thanks donors in personal, thoughtful, and creative ways.
- Writes and manages monthly major gift donor stewardship email.
- Tracks organizational funding priorities and keeps current on Museum strategic priorities and departmental programs.
- Strategizes with the Museum CEO and the development team to determine fundraising and stewardship strategies for prospective and current donors.
- Sends timely contact reports and gift alerts to Museum team.
- Manages the Leadership Circles individual giving program ($1200-$5000).
- Develops and writes Leadership Circles materials, including stewardship and solicitation pieces.
- Works closely with the Stewardship and Annual Fund Coordinator to plan and organize stewardship events.
- Keeps physical and electronic donor files up to date.
- Perform other duties and participates in special projects as needed.
What You Bring
You are results-oriented with excellent writing and organizational skills. You love talking to people and presenting philanthropic opportunities. You are a self-starter and a team player with energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility. You love to find new ways to engage and connect with people and stimulate their curiosity.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years professional nonprofit fundraising experience, with experience soliciting current and prospective individual donors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to present information in a variety of formats.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems.
- Ability to keep track of the overall picture while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to complete projects accurately and completely within deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is required.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge, Altru or other constituent records management database systems is preferred.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits such as health insurance, vacation, sick-time, 14 paid holidays, free admission into all of Balboa Park's museums, and more.
Salary is $58,000-$63,000, commensurate with experience. Applicants should send a resume,cover letter, and three writing samples that highlights relevant skills to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2021.
A little more about us.
The San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat) was founded by amateur naturalists in 1874 and has played a major role in the conversation of our region. Having recently completed a strategic plan, The Nat is looking forward to an exciting new era as it approaches its 150th anniversary, focused on innovative audience engagement and an increased role in conservation. https://www.sdnat.org/
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency