Department: Business Insurance
Director of Client Services (San Diego office)
Director of Operations (Orange County office)
This position prepares individuals to progress into Client Administrator, Client Manager and Client Executive positions, each building on the previous positions skills. Trainees work in a variety of situations, at times working as members of a team and other times working alone on an assignment. Trainees are under close supervision and performance is monitored to determine qualification for advancement as opportunities arise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a training position, there are similarities between all trainees' day-to-day tasks. However, individual duties and projects are assigned and rotated to develop familiarity with the department, its functions, and Associates:
- Respond to departmental requests for administrative assistance with the following:
- - Create Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- Create Auto Liability proof of insurance ID cards and complete certificate projects.
- Assist in maintaining files and records using the AgencyInsight system.
- Enter applications into LightPaper system.
- Gather and maintain information regarding carrier, underwriter and client requirements.
- Provide clerical assistance with copying, faxing, mass mailings, assembling binders and scanning files as needed.
- Download Department mail from Insurance Carrier Websites.
- Sort, file and distribute extensive mail and communications daily.
- Process Loss Run reports as needed.
- - Request loss runs based on monthly reports and in accordance with the carrier's requirements.
- Follow up with the carrier until loss run is received and file in electronic filing system.
- Inform Client Administrator and/or Client Manager if the loss run will be delayed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with other Associates.
- Identify needs and competencies to be acquired, and make use of appropriate training opportunities.
- Learn client policy requirements and AgencyInsight, Barcoding, and ImageRight systems.
- Communicate system or process related problems to the appropriate Associate.
- Plan ahead and problem solve - anticipate, report, and help resolve problems that may occur
Trainees serve a large group of people. They need to be alert, positive and approachable by everyone. They must interact effectively with widely diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- A bachelor's degree or ability to receive the degree within two to three months, or 3 years experience performing in a professional administrative and customer service capacity is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Successful work history demonstrating reliability and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, and set and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to think logically in solving problems assigned and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Attention to detail and an appreciation for a job well done.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as use office machinery such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency