Business Recruiting and Admissions Coordinator
Posting #: 4191
The University of San Diego School of Business embraces a stewardship approach to business education. Stewardship requires businesses to protect and care for society in pursuit of a greater good. The USD School of Business community of faculty, staff, students and graduates, embrace stewardship by applying values-driven, free-enterprise skills to improve businesses, industries, and the lives of people in our community and around the world. We provide academically rigorous, relevant and values-based education and research. Degree programs in the School of Business are AACSB accredited, with the undergraduate and MBA programs being highly ranked both domestically and internationally. www.sandiego.edu/business/about/
Looking forward, the Knauss Center for Business Education will be the physical home for the USD School of Business, and more important, the mortar that binds us together is our unique competitive advantage as we deliver a rich, holistic student experience, crafted with a higher purpose in mind, for all the greater good. See our progress: https://horizon.sandiego.edu/knauss-center
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanitys urgent challenges.
The Business Recruiting and Admissions Coordinator plays an integral role in the successful recruitment of business students. The Coordinator provides administrative support to department staff members by managing all application processes for School of Business programs as well as walk-in and phone inquiries. The Coordinator also assists in scheduling, arranging and overseeing cross-program recruiting events. The position must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task during busy times in the office. The Coordinator is required to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate various recruiting events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages business program application processes
- In coordination with the applicable Assistant Director of Outreach and Recruitment, supports recruitment of students by calling new inquiries to address questions
- Participates in cross-program recruiting events
- Conducts initial review of applications and prepares summary of applicants' qualifications for Admissions Committee
- Runs variety of application tracking reports from WebAdmit online application system, as needed
- Works closely with Director of Business Admissions to troubleshoot application and onboarding issues
- Responsible for accuracy of applicant data in the CRM system
- Maintains contact with applicants regarding missing materials
- Schedules admissions interview appointments on behalf of the Assistant Directors
- Provides basic admissions counseling to office walk-ins, email, and phone inquiries (including information regarding financial aid resources, application process, etc.)
Administrative support for office
- Assists in managing front office reception and ensures office/front desk coverage
- Oversees and coordinates student worker projects
- Maintains office supply inventory and makes purchases, when needed
- Welcomes candidates for interviews
- Maintains professional, organized and welcoming appearance of office space
Coordinate Business School Recruiting and Admissions events
- Schedules cross-program recruiting and admission events in campus scheduling system
- Coordinates catering and A/V needs for events
- Coordinates parking for guests on campus
- Completes setup/breakdown of events as needed
Other duties as assigned
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- High school diploma
- 3 years of work experience in business or academia in administrative support
- Bachelors degree; Bachelors degree can substitute for 2 years of experience
- 3+ years of full-time work experience in higher education administration
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think analytically for initial evaluation of applications
- Ability to anticipate potential needs and propose innovative solutions to office and team activities
- Effective skills for problem-solving and basic statistical reporting
- Experience using CRM tools
- Excellent phone etiquette, written and in-person communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Reliable, dependable professional who can maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to work independently without supervision
- Mature, positive attitude and team player
- Emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated capability in learning details about programs and application requirements
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality face-to-face services to customers/students
- Demonstrated ability to work in busy environment with high customer service standards
- Demonstrated capability and interest in learning desktop computer systems, software applications and media production technologies
- Demonstrated experience in event coordination
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: June 20, 2022
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: July 14, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/495967/business-recruiting-and-admissions-coordinator
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency