This ad is expired.
Case Manager Must Have Masters Full Time Mobile Crisis Response Team 396
San Diego | California | United States
San Diego's NEW Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT)Helping People in Crisis: Mental Health Support Without Uniformed Law Enforcement
Telecare San Diego's newest behavioral health program is a 24/7, non-law enforcement, Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT) serving individuals of all ages experiencing mental health crisis utilizing recovery principles. We will exist to respond to crisis with the goal of safety for all. Our community has recognized a need to respond to mental health crisis and those under the influence from a posture of compassion, patience, and recovery. This program collaborates and accepts referrals from the San Diego Access and Crisis Line (ACL) and law enforcement. San Diego's MCRT will offer crisis triage and management, risk assessment, in-person intervention, and case management. Each team will respond to calls from the mobile office van to provide services directly in the field in the following San Diego Regions: Central, East, South, North Central and North Inland.
Passion and Mindset Set Us Apart
We are building a multi-cultural, multi-racial, multi-generational, and inclusive team that shares in our core values of respect and dignity towards all, whose make up reflects the communities we serve.
We will redefine the way we respond to our community members and their families when they are vulnerable and suffering from a mental health crisis and/or drug/alcohol use. Ready to make a difference?
Employment Status: Full Time Position; There will be 3 shifts 7-days a week, AM, PM and NOC. We are looking for all shifts and for individuals wanting to work short hour on the weekend.
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with members served to create Recovery Plan goals
- Ensure all services described in the Recovery Plan are provided
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
- Abide by and maintains compliance with Policy & Procedures
- Collaborate with members served to create treatment plan goals, facilitate groups, interpret and implement service plans independently
- Provide appropriate interventions in crisis situations
- On a rotating basis, perform officer of the day functions
- Collect required data and complete required documentation
- Make appropriate recommendations for living environments, therapy, psychiatrist visits, case management and other services
- Document and communicate interactions with members served
- Provide support to team through direct assignment by supervisor
- May be required to be on-call for crisis situations on a rotational basis
- Coordinate discharge planning
- Perform assessments and create relevant treatment plans
- Ability to diagnose accurately
- Perform crisis assessment for proper level of care determination
- Perform discharge planning, as needed
- Maintain awareness of community resources and assist members served in appropriate use of community resources
- Assist members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living
- Assist members served in making and getting to essential appointments
- Assist and advocate for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits
- Ensure that members served understand their legal status and rights
- Help members served achieve greater independence and autonomy
- Safeguard confidentiality; adhere to HIPAA policies
- Provide transportation to members served when needed and appropriate
- Provide and document quality and quantity of direct services as required by program standards
- If employed at inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
San Diego Mobile Crisis Response Team (MRCT)
- San Diego Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT) provides onsite support to persons in crisis and support MCRT to ensure clients are connected to needed services
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Possess thorough understanding of members served rights and understanding of mental health legal processes
- Possess effective written and verbal communication
- Good computer/technology skills
- Ability to assess safety risks
- Maintain recovery culture
- Maintain members served engagement and ability to hold hope in the face of diversity
- Ability to drive
- Ability to easily build rapport
- Ability to be patient and mindful
- Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
- Within two (2) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirement for billing and learn billing codes
- Ability to discern between the different stages of change
- Ability to use Motivational Interviewing skills
- Familiarity with the 12-step program or other similar programs
- Ability to focus on assigned tasks in the midst of rapidly changing needs
- Demonstrate ability for multi-tasking and time management skills
- Complete due diligence in process of seeking and implementing needed improvements
- Apply the \u0022Golden Thread\u0022 when creating and documenting services.
- Empathy, Listening Skills, and appropriate Boundary Setting Skills
San Diego Mobile Crisis Response Team (MRCT)
o Master's degree in Social Sciences
o One (1) year of experience in providing crisis management and mental health services
- Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and their experiences and perspectives.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
- Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment, or community mental health service
- Experience in providing intensive case management and/or intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts
Coordinates service needs and collaborates with other services and agencies. Completes assessments and determines the appropriate level of services for new members served.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and power grasping. The position requires driving and frequent hazardous exposure (blood borne pathogens, hospital waste, chemicals, and infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply, visit http://www.lifeattelecare.com/jobs/case-manager-must-have-masters-full-time-mobile-crisis-response-team-396-san-diego-california-united-states?source=generic&utm_source=generic
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency