Work hard. Drink beer.
Do you love craft beer, working hard and find yourself intrigued by the whole process of making and fermenting quality, craftbeer? If so, you may just be a great fit forour cellar team!Cellar Technicians are responsible for all aspects of cellar work, from yeast management to final conditioning, and have a significant impact on every single batch of Saint Archer's award-winning beer.
What you'll be doing:
- Yeast harvesting, storage and propagation
- Independently run CIP (clean-in-place) and SIP (sanitize-in-place)cycles on fermentation vessels and bright tanks
- Promote a safety-first culture by following all SOP's, working collaboratively with colleaguesand maintaining clean and orderly brewery workspaces
- Monitor and adjust carbonation and clarity of bright beer to Saint Archer quality standards
- Ensure that all Saint Archer beer meets requiredquality control points at every stage in the brewing process after hot sideand troubleshoot and resolve any issues promptly
- Perform and monitordaily tank maintenance: reading gravity and pH, adjusting and crashing tanks using temperature control software, and cropping yeast and hops
- Make adjustments to equipment to compensate for variations in materials
- Participate and provide feedbackin sensory andtaste panel work
- Contribute to a positive, collaborativework environment through open and constructive dialog and suggest process improvements
- Contribute and be receptive to continual innovation and improvements
- Take initiative and communicate any breweryissues regarding: mechanical operations, wort/beer quality, and safety
What you need for this role:
- Passion for craft beer!
- 1 year of brewery experience or equivalent level of brewery education
- High School Diploma or GED; brewing education preferred
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Advanced knowledge of fermentation and cellar principles; knowledge of brewing and packaging processes, a plus
- Understanding of cleaning and sanitation procedures, CIP and SIP systems
- Exceptionalwork ethic and self-starter mentality
- Record-keeping skills,attention to detail and basic arithmetic and communication skills
- Mechanical mindset and ability to conduct routine maintenance on process equipment
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a respectful team environment
- A positiveattitude in a demanding repetitive production environment; sense of humor a must!
- Strong orientation towards quality control and safety
- Experience operating a forklift and scissorlift, preferred,and ability to pass Saint Archer forklift certification
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities while focusing on detail and managing time effectively
- Ability to work varying hours depending upon production schedule; shifts are scheduled as 4x10 hours with occasional overtime required; must have dependable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Operate forklift, scissor lift and manual and powered pallet jack
- Frequently required to spend 10 hours working on your feet
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, manipulate, turn or feel; and reach, push, and pull with hands and arms
- Frequently required to sit; step over equipment and climb into tanks and balance; and climb ladders; and stoop, kneel, crouch, duck or crawl
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 44 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally required to use taste and smell senses
- Frequently required to use brewery production equipment, including tanks, hoses, cleaning equipment and occasionally required to drive a forklift
- Frequently required to safely handle and use hazardous chemicals
- Frequently required to work around wet, slippery areas
- Inclusivecompany culture that values and develops our peopleand encourages health, wellness, and flexibility
- Competitive nonexempt hourly wage
- 4-day work week: x4 10-hour shifts
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation, holiday andsick time (and we encourage you to use it for optimal work/life balance!)
- Paidparental leave and flexible return-to-work scheduling for new moms and dads (birth or adoption)
- 401k with up to 4% match
- Personal and career development opportunities
- 50% off Saint Archer swag
- We play our part to make a difference in our communities - from social and charitablepartnersto championing causes to caring for the environment; at Saint Archer you're part of something bigger
- And of course, free beer!
To apply, please visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=13982&clientkey=E3A470D33592DCCA6BE3864E354E317B
At Saint Archer, we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in the differences that bring us together.
The Saint Archer journey was founded on love and commitment. A love of craft beer and a commitment to creativity and following the road less traveled. From the beginning, we have always believed the craft beer experience happens where art and science meet. With that understanding, our company was founded on a unique strain of creative talent. World-class brewers. Artists and musicians. Professional surfers, skateboarders, and snowboarders… All coming together with passion and dedication to express our one true love: great, crafted beer.
Learn more about our culture and brand at:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency