Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Wages: $85,000 annual salary
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Pacific Beach Office
Direct Reports: Special Events & Marketing Manager, Donor & Board Relations Specialist
Summary: Provides strategic leadership and direction to enhance and implement CCS' fund raising plan. Secures financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations. Sets vision and philosophy for the Development Department, which include major gift campaign, special events, a planned giving program, and donor cultivation and recognition. Oversees and directs public relations and communications activities, including newsletters, PSAs, and media appearances. Establishes and maintains constructive relationships with other CCS departments and external agencies and funders. Serves on CCS' Executive Team and ensures integrity of all related records and controls.
- Oversee the development and enhancement of CCS's fund raising plan
- Develop and implement a major gift campaign that includes board and community volunteers support
- Provide leadership for grant writing with foundations and corporations. Ensure timely reporting to funder.
- Assist CEO and board president in board recruitment and board development.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of annual board retreats and board orientations.
- Participate in regularly scheduled board meetings.
- Oversee CCS' collateral material, including but not limited to CCS newsletter, brochures, annual reports and any additional marketing material.
- Provide leadership and coordination of any requests for media appearances.
- Oversee website design and content.
- Oversee all aspects of CCS' social media campaign.
- Actively participate in Agency-wide budgeting as well as departmental budgets.
- Actively participate in activities that maintain and enhance agency culture and effectiveness, such as database management, strategic planning, cultural competence, leadership development, and staff appreciation efforts.
- Responsible for maintaining positive public relations, including fostering and maintaining excellent relationships/partnerships with donors, corporations, universities, government entities, businesses, media, funding sources, and community partners.
- Represent the Agency in community meetings and events.
- Hire, supervise, direct, and mentor CCS development staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five to seven years management experience, culminating in a senior administrative role.
- Extensive experience in fund raising, with demonstrated success in prospecting, cultivating, and requesting as well as closing corporate, foundations, individuals, major gifts, and new business revenue.
- Experience in developing a major gift campaign including prospecting researching, soliciting and status tracing systems.
- Previous successful grant writing experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting.
- Strong media presentation and interviewing skills.
- Experience and high level of skill in working with board members, and major donors, as well as corporation and foundation leaders.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bilingual /Multilingual in one or more languages (Written and Oral)
- Master's Degree preferred
- CFRE, CFRM preferred
- Experience working with survivors of trauma.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: active listener, articulate speaker, and persuasive writer
- Proactively adapt to always changing requirements and duties
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to carry up to 20lbs.
Some travel may be required (up to 40% mostly within San Diego County). Must have reliable transportation available for work-related purposes, a valid California driver's license, and proof of automobile insurance.
Employee must be available during Agency working hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Requires some evening and weekend availability, e.g., for special events or donor relations requirements.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Perla Torres at PTorres@ccssd.org
CCS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create an inclusive environment and a diverse workforce from all backgrounds, abilities, and cultures.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency