Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego, Inc. ("RMHC-San Diego") has provided a "home-away-from-home" for families with children being treated for serious, often life-threatening conditions at local San Diego hospitals since 1978. The Organization operates 56 bedrooms year-round and provides a variety of other services, such as meals, family care and sibling education. RMHC-SD has a team oriented, family focused and quality driven work atmosphere and provides a competitive salary, excellent medical, dental and vision coverage and competitive leave .
The COO is responsible for all aspects of planning, direction, and oversight of the operations and programs of RMHC-San Diego including but not limited to lodging, meal services, facilities administration, guest support and information technology management and reports directly to the President/CEO.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team and report to the Board on a periodic basis.
- Engage in strategic planning to ensure growth and stability of operations.
- Oversee the provision of lodging, food and other services to families with hospitalized children.
- Implement and oversee practices to maintain the facility at an optimum level of cleanliness and repair.
- Develop and maintain an organizational culture which is both proactive and results oriented, but also nurturing and family centered.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Philanthropy Department to support fundraising initiatives that secure sustainable funding and other resources to provide for optimum facility operation and programming.
- On time and on budget design and management of all facility construction, improvement and maintenance projects. Management of long-term maintenance reserve budget.
- Creation and management of detail budgets and long-term financial plans.
- Oversight and hands-on management of all operational, food services, facilities and information technology staff and functions. Establish benchmarks and metrics to evaluate staff and operational performance.
- Implementation of policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations as well as legal and regulatory compliance.
- Support and monitor food service programs, insuring quality, service and food safety.
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with medical entities, local community partners, donors, Board members as well as Ronald McDonald House Charities national and international partners.
- Work with executive staff to develop and increase revenue sources and provide active management of restricted grants and funds.
- Work with Board members on operations committee to establish strategies and tactics for organizational effectiveness and growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Application Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Social Services, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of significant operational management experience for a not-for-profit, hospitality, social service and/or customer service organization is required
- Experience in finance/business management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Onsite presence is required, this position is not remote as it will be supervising onsite staff
- Spanish language a plus
How To Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to Recruiting@rmhcsd.org with "COO Job Posting" in the email subject line.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency