Feeding San Diego comprises an ambitious team of individuals who believe that we can solve hunger in our community. We focus our daily work on the one in eight people facing hunger in San Diego County. Every day, we work hand-in-hand with partner agencies, local school districts, corporate partners, individual donors, and a network of volunteers to provide food and resources to our neighbors in need. At the same time, we protect the environment through the rescue of safe and wholesome food that would otherwise go to the landfill — simply because it is excess product, does not adhere to market standards or is approaching a best by or use by date. Together with our partners, Feeding San Diego provided over 26 million meals last year and served 63,000 children, families and seniors each week.
Feeding San Diego is dedicated to building a team that reflects the diverse county we serve, including those with varying backgrounds and life experiences. Applicants who strengthen our team are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.Evening and weekend work required as determined by operational needs or as assigned.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the organization's performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Oversee the activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll.
- Collaborates with the Development Department to gather and disseminate financial information for grant payment schedule or contracts.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Minimum: Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or Related Area preferred with a minimum of 7 years strong accounting experience including five years managing staff.
- Non-profit Accounting experience desirable, not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to understanding and supporting FSD's mission. Shows compassion and appreciation for hunger issues.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- General knowledge of nonprofit organizational practices.
- A professional demeanor with an aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Responsible, well organized, and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite; ERP, preferably MIcrosoftNAV. Experience using Jet Reports desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational, and public speaking skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency