Title: Database Assistant
Reports To: Donor Services Manager
Employment Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Flexible schedule totaling 20 hours/week
Location: San Diego (Downtown) with a partial work-from-home schedule available. The nature of this position requires some weekly onsite work
Compensation: $20/hour; Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits; Optional 401(K) with partial employer match
The San Diego Public Library Foundation strengthens communities by supporting excellence in the San Diego Public Library (SDPL) system through philanthropy, advocacy, and outreach. The Library Foundation supports the entire system of 36 library branches across the City of San Diego. Our team of 11 staff members is based at the downtown Central Library at Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common.
The Library Foundation increases the quality and availability of library programs and services, sustains and grows public funding for libraries, and reaches new audiences to communicate the importance of libraries in the overall health and well-being of the communities they serve. The Foundation functions as a conduit of support for SDPL through robust fundraising, leveraging a balance of public-private partnerships, strategic advocacy initiatives, and community outreach. The Library Foundation is an innovative, nimble organization with visionary leadership, powerful community partnerships, strong donor engagement, and solid financial reserves.
The Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a philosophy where diversity and inclusion are core values. As the San Diego Public Library serves every citizen in the City of San Diego, so, too, does the Foundation. A broad understanding of diversity is employed that includes, but is not limited to: race, ethnicity, national origin, class, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, and religion. The Foundation acknowledges that personal identity is complex and various. It is a goal of the Library Foundation to facilitate broad participation, particularly by historically underrepresented groups, throughout the organization's staffing and activities.
The Database Assistant supports the Donor Services Manager and the organization's overall fundraising/stewardship, marketing/communications, advocacy, and special events efforts by accurately and efficiently processing gifts and acknowledgements and assisting with database management. This includes, but is not limited to, substantial data entry. The ideal candidate will possess a keen attention to detail, flexibility when faced with competing deadlines, and a collaborative spirit that is comfortable with a small and dynamic team. The position requires the employee to travel to the off-site USPS office to collect mail, and then bring that mail to the office for processing; certain other duties may be completed remotely.
- Collect and sort mail for processing 3-5 times per week (or other frequency as needed)
- Prepare donation documentation for data entry
- Enter physical check batches and cash gifts into Raiser's Edge
- Assist in preparing, packaging, and mailing acknowledgment letters and new donor welcome packets
- Assist with Raiser's Edge updates (such as updating relationship codes, contact information, and actions/notes)
- Assist with in-house mailings (such as mail merges for letters and labels, printing, packaging)
- Assist with tracking event RSVPs
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard files of donor records
- Run standard reports
- Answer general office phone calls and emails
- Acute attention to detail
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Documented combination of applicable professional experience, volunteer service, technical training, and/or education, that demonstrates an aptitude for intricate and substantial data entry/reporting projects
- A willingness to participate in appropriate trainings and professional development
- Well-organized, proactive, and an ability to manage time through prioritization of tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including a confident phone demeanor
- Judgement and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to travel and deliver mail between the Foundation office and USPS office (approximately 1 mile)
- Familiarity and comfort with donor management software (Raiser's Edge)
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to the address below. In your cover letter, please let us know how you learned of this opportunity.
Jerry Tomaszewicz, Jr.
Chief of Staff
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency