- DEPARTMENT: Philanthropy
- REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Philanthropy
- LOCATION: On-site in La Jolla, California on the beautiful campus of the University of California, San Diego
- FLSA STATUS: This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, eligible for a full array of benefits including health and life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), and complimentary tickets to Playhouse performances
- COMPENSATION: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour (DOE)
- HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include in the subjectline - "Donor Relations Coordinator"
La Jolla Playhouse is a place where artists and audiences come together to create what's new and next in the American theatre, from Tony Award-winning productions, to imaginative programs for young audiences, to interactive experiences outside our theatre walls. Founded in 1947 by Gregory Peck, Dorothy McGuire and Mel Ferrer, the Playhouse is currently led by Tony Award winner Christopher Ashley, the Rich Family Artistic Director of La Jolla Playhouse, and Managing Director Debby Buchholz. The Playhouse is internationally renowned for the development of new plays and musicals, including mounting 120 world premieres, commissioning more than 70 new works, and sending 36 productions to Broadway, garnering a total of 38 Tony Awards, as well as the 1993 Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre.
La Jolla Playhouse is committed to diversity in all areas of our work, on and off stage. We lead with our values and encourage individuals with unique perspectives to apply. La Jolla Playhouse is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Donor Relations Coordinator provides administrative support to the Philanthropy team and performs high-level stewarding tasks for donors, including tracking RSVPs for events, managing parking for VIP Celebration Night and other special events, concierge ticketing for Actors Circle donors and above, overseeing notes and chocolates and other donor appreciation items, and supporting Philanthropy events.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
DONOR AND BOARD STEWARDSHIP (80%)
- Create and help implement an annual Stewardship Plan for the department.
- Manage "Friends" ($150) and "Ovation Club" ($250) donor levels and support all fundraising initiatives.
- Concierge Ticketing – Board of Trustees and Major Gift Donors (Actors Circle and up) are offered access to the best seats because of their giving. The Donor Relations Coordinator will accept requests and work with Patron Services to fulfill them. This could be for productions at La Jolla Playhouse, or House Seats on Broadway and beyond.
- VIP Show and Special Event Parking – Manage and communicate parking availability for VIPs for all regular performances plus philanthropy events.
- WOW Concierge Ticketing – Design schedule of shows to annual WOW Festival for our most important donors.
- Ensure donor benefits and recognition are fulfilled on a regular basis by: updating the Master spreadsheet to track season and production sponsors; using that information to formally acknowledge them as promised. This includes working with the Marketing & Communications Department to create show posters, banners and overseeing acknowledgments in theatre programs, on event invitations and updating lobby displays.
- Organize logistics for all Backstage Tours with donors.
- Manage, organize and order LJP branded gifts for donors and staff, including a Pet Calendar.
- Oversee Philanthropy Administrative Assistant in the processing of departmental acknowledgment letters and Notes and Chocolates.
- Coordinate and track gifts and greeting cards for anniversaries, sympathy and get-well occasions.
- Oversee the Philanthropy Administrative Assistant in coordinating birthday and holiday cards.
- Prompt appropriate staff to make personal calls or send personal notes in addition to formal acknowledgements.
- Support Planned Giving solicitations and Revelle Society (legacy gifts) tracking.
- Work with Marketing & Communications Department to create and update monthly email signatures with new campaigns.
- Engage in donor prospect research.
- Create and distribute VIP Playhouse gift certificates requested by Trustees and major donors.
- Tessitura Gift Entry and Acknowledgments: serve as back up to Sr. Philanthropy Operations Manager for gift entry/daily acknowledgment reports, and back up to Philanthropy Administrative Assistant in mail merging acknowledgment letters.
- Support Individual Giving Manager, as needed.
EVENT ASSISTANCE (20%)
- Support Philanthropy team in planning and execution of donor events.
- Manage FormStack Invitations (creation and maintenance).
- Track RSVPs for select special events and backstage tours in Tessitura.
- Attend and assist with Gala, Innovation Night, VIP Celebration Nights, and other special events as scheduled.
REQUIREMENTS & PROFICIENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including composition (reports and business correspondence), typing and proofreading.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, Board of Trustees and interns.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability are core to success in our philanthropy department.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn to use the Tessitura database.
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial and creative spirit; willingness to try new ideas.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information in a professional and ethical manner.
- A positive attitude and spirit of teamwork.
- A high level of attention to detail and the desire to achieve excellence in all endeavors.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to assess situations and offer solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Alignment with the mission and values of La Jolla Playhouse.
- A commitment to uphold and support the Playhouse's Anti-Racism Action Plan.
- Experience working in a nonprofit or arts organization is a plus.
- Passion for the arts – and more specifically, theatre!
- Occasionally lifts/moves items weighing up to 50 lbs with team assistance.
- Frequently moves about throughout Playhouse buildings and event spaces, both indoor and outdoor.
- Ability to drive and willingness to occasionally run errands, as needed.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends, specifically related to Philanthropy events.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency