Title: Events & Administrative Assistant
Classification: Part-Time, Temporary ending by October 31st
Reports to: Projects & Community Engagement Coordinator & Executive Director
Latest Update: 4-19-2021
FACE Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Our mission is to enhance and preserve the quality of life of animals by providing access to necessary medical care and education. FACE provides financial assistance for pet owners who cannot afford the cost of their pet's emergency care. Our mission is accomplished by providing grants to qualified pet owners who meet FACE criteria.
Under supervision of the Projects & Community Engagement Coordinator and Executive Director, this position assists with a variety of services including but not limited to: Wag N Purr online store assistance including order fulfillment and customer service, assistance with fundraising events including event volunteer management, inventory management, donation solicitations, event-day operations including set up, troubleshooting, and break down. Assisting with social media and other event, store and program support as needed.
Professionalism, excellent writing skills, knowledge of Microsoft Suite, and great interpersonal skills are a must-have. An ideal candidate will be well-organized with the ability to prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Working FACE's biggest fundraising events of the year is mandatory.
*Please note that this is an office position, and there is no direct animal contact/handling.
Schedule: Part time (25 hours per week), some-what flexible. FACE's office hours are Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM
Wag N Purr Online Shop Assistance:
Assist with Wag N Purr online shop site operations, including, but not limited to: product inventory, sales, gift-in-kind solicitations, customer service, and order fulfillment
Assist with executing FACE's annual dog-friendly golf tournament on October 18th
Assist with executing FACE's 15 year anniversary event, if applicable
Assist FACE's events team with event inventory management including auction items, raffle items, and event supplies
Help recruit, train and manage event volunteers
Solicit and confirm gift-in-kind donations and facilitate the delivery of these items as needed
Assist the events team on event days with troubleshooting and operations
Assist with event or volunteer related social media as needed
Assist with any other event related tasks as needed
Social Media Assistance:
Assist with social media content creation and scheduling
Write Success Stories and publish across channels including website
Assist with FACE's Closets for a Cause consignment program
Answer phones as needed
Work FACE's vendor info booth at other events around town if applicable
Assisting co-workers with questions relating to events and volunteers as needed
Attending monthly Team Meetings with prepared updates on personal work to share with team, and giving undivided attention to other team members as they share their updates
Answering all emails in a timely manner
Other administrative duties as needed
- Valid California driver's license
- Ability to sit and work with a desk-top and/or lap-top computer
- Ability to set up and clean up event supplies
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must support the Mission of the foundation and have a passion for animal welfare
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Must have experience using social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow through on projects/tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on weekends occasionally (event days)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with Executive Director, Board of Directors, donors, all callers, pet owner's experiencing crisis, colleagues and outside organizations
- Ability to work well with a small team and independently
- Open attitude to questions, input and requests for help from team members
- Ability to respect confidentiality and privacy of donors and FACE applicants, and any sensitive matters related to FACE
The FACE Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to listen to, learn from, and amplify the voices of those who have not had a seat at the table to improve our organization and our sector. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Interested applicants can send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com by May 19th. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet every qualification.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency