Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Leading the San Diego Division of the Western States region, the Executive Director advances the mission of the American Heart Association through exceptional volunteer leadership and staff engagement in achieving our health impact and revenue goals.
Primary responsibilities include identifying, recruiting and engaging strong volunteer leadership; leading a partner-focused, results-oriented staff team and collaborating with internal and external partners to inspire investment and shared ownership of our lifesaving work. The annual revenue goal for the division is $2.5 million net to be achieved through balanced campaign growth including special events, corporate sponsorship and individual giving.
- Recruit, engage and develop diverse leadership volunteers including the Division Board of Directors, Executive Leadership Teams, partner organizations and funders.
- Build, coach and engage an agile staff team that optimally represents the organization as one in achieving shared goals.
- Through exceptional volunteer leadership engagement and directly prospecting, securing and cultivating key relationships, drive health and revenue impact including corporate sponsorship, individual giving and strategic business planning.
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance for the planning, implementation and evaluation of fundraising campaigns, community impact and communications and marketing.
- Oversee operations including CRM systems, division finances and data management.
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of field operations, core programs, and strategic plans.
- A strong track record in fundraising or outside sales, preferably within a voluntary health organization.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building and leading productive, agile, diverse and inclusive teams.
- Background in recruiting and engaging volunteer leadership for sustained involvement.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Unwavering professionalism and dedication to excellence.
Note: Due to the current pandemic, daily travel is minimal and voluntary to ensure the health and safety of staff. There is no overnight travel currently. In the future, this position will resume to being based in the local office with extensive daily travel and minimal overnight travel.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive total rewards package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental and vision plans
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- 12 paid holidays in addition to paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and disability insurance
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity apply to both our workforce and the communities we serve as we advance heart health and stroke prevention.
To learn more and apply, please visit: Executive Director in La Jolla, California | Careers at CA-La Jolla
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency