Title: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: FACE's Board President, Board of Directors
Latest Update: 9-17-21
The Foundation for Animal Care and Education (FACE Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Our mission is to enhance and preserve the quality of life of companion animals by providing access to necessary medical care and education.
FACE's mission is accomplished by providing financial grants to qualifying pet owners for emergency medical care of their animal family members.
The Executive Director shall serve as the key management leader of the day-to-day functions of the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and works closely with the Board Chairman and President.
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: $80,000 - $85,000
Benefits: medical insurance (fully paid by FACE), dental insurance, pet insurance (up to $500/year), paid sick time (8 days), paid holidays (7 full and 2 half-days), personal days (3 days), and paid vacation time (starting at two weeks per year, beginning to accrue after 90 days)
- Guide policy decisions, fundraising, and increase the overall visibility of the organization
- Carry out policies as set by the Board
- Hiring, supervising, and collaborating with organization staff
- Continue to develop diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization. The FACE Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we seek to listen to, learn from, and amplify the voices of those who have not had a seat at the table to improve our organization and our sector. The Executive Director should encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for open positions.
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Program oversight, improvement, development, and implementation
- Planning (in partnership with the Treasurer) and implementation of annual budget
- Financial management of the corporation, including assisting with preparation for the annual 990, audits, and any other compliance matters
- Approve the fundraising plan prepared by the Director of Development before it is submitted to the Board
- Serve as FACE Foundation's primary spokesperson to the organization's constituents, the media, and the public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the FACE organization's mission
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts, ensuring that branding efforts match our mission
- Participate in all Board and Advisory Committee meetings and any other committees sanctioned by the Board
- Draft Board meeting agendas, schedule in conjunction with the Chairman, and facilitate the meetings
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Create conditions of success for all by ensuring proper technology is in place
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace for employees and visitors
- Ensure organization is in legal compliance with nonprofit rules and regulations, meeting the highest standards possible for our industry
- Work emergency animal grant cases after normal business hours as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Requires presence in FACE's office and at appropriate events and locations as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- There is no direct animal contact/handling. This position is not eligible for full work from home.
- Assist the Animal Grants Staff with applications for financial assistance as needed.
- Assist the Animal Grants Staff in screening potential cases, and effectively communicate with callers while maintaining a professional, positive attitude to compassionately guide them through the application process. Cases are time-sensitive and should take priority over all other duties as needed.
- Identify and recommend potential Board members and, to the extent authorized by the Board, participate in the recruitment process
- Valid California driver's license
- Ability to sit and work with a desk-top and/or lap-top computer
- Passionate about FACE's mission and committed to alleviating economic euthanasia
- The ideal candidate would have at least 7 years of senior or high-level management experience at a non-profit or business
- Demonstrated success in managing staff to accomplish organizational objectives and creating a healthy workplace culture
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and project management
- Preferred experience working with a Board of Directors or ownership team
- Creating yearly budget and execution
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Technologically savvy with social media, website platforms, email marketing
- Experience using a donor database or CRM system or ability to learn these systems
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred experience working fundraising events
- Candidates must respect confidentiality and privacy of donors, FACE employees, applicants, and grantees, and any sensitive matters related to FACE.
- Positive attitude is a must!
Notice to Applicants: FACE FOUNDATION, in an effort to maintain a safe workplace, has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy (the "Policy"). The Policy is available to an applicant upon request. If you have any questions related to the Mandatory Vaccination Policy, please direct them to Tammy Stevenson at ExecutiveSearchFACE@gmail.com. FACE FOUNDATION will provide all reasonable accommodations as required by law and requesting an accommodation at the application phase will not impact FACE FOUNDATION's evaluation of an applicant. FACE FOUNDATION will not discriminate against any applicant based on a request for an accommodation, or any other legally protected activity or characteristic.
Interested applicants can send resumes and cover letters to ExecutiveSearchFACE@gmail.com. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet every qualification.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency