Feeding San Diego comprises an ambitious team of individuals who believe that we can solve hunger in our community. We focus our daily work on the one in eight people facing hunger in San Diego County. Every day, we work hand-in-hand with partner agencies, local school districts, corporate partners, individual donors, and a network of volunteers to provide food and resources to our neighbors in need. At the same time, we protect the environment through the rescue of safe and wholesome food that would otherwise go to the landfill — simply because it is excess product, does not adhere to market standards or is approaching a best by or use by date. Together with our partners, Feeding San Diego provided over 26 million meals last year and served 63,000 children, families and seniors each week.
Feeding San Diego is dedicated to building a team that reflects the diverse county we serve, including those with varying backgrounds and life experiences. Applicants who strengthen our team are encouraged to apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position.
- Analyses business and financial data.
- Creates financial models based on analyses to support organizational decision making.
- Develops financials plans and reports for organizational leaders.
- Analyzes industry trends and makes recommendations based on those trends.
- Evaluates capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Develops automated reporting and forecasting tools for more efficient use of data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Two Years of professional experience as an accountant, auditor, or computer programmer analyst OR valid CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certificate with at least one year of professional experience as an accountant, auditor, or computer programmer analyst.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to understanding and supporting FSD's mission. Shows compassion and appreciation for hunger issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data analysis.
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A professional demeanor with an aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite; ERP, preferably MIcrosoftNAV. Experience using Jet Reports desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to apply:
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency