Title: Marketing and Special Events Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Wages: 55,000 annual salary
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Coastal Office
The Marketing and Special Events Manager oversees all marketing and special events activities for the agency. Daily focus includes CCS' social media marketing and communications program which encompasses the web site, e-news/e-blasts, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. This position is a key member of the development team, working to build and strengthen CCS's individual, corporate and foundation partnerships. They assist with donor cultivation and the production of the newsletter, as well as other collateral materials. A high priority is the implementation of our annual fundraisers. In addition to serving as the lead team member for these CCS signature events, this position acts as the liaison for community benefit events and "friend-raisers" held on behalf of CCS. The position is also the liaison to two shelter auxiliaries.
- Coordinate all social media programs for the agency, including but not limited to website content management, e-blasts and e-news communications.
- Serve as staff liaison to Board of Directors Public Relations, Marketing Committee, and Community benefit events.
- Represent CCS at speaking engagements as needed.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the planning and production of CCS' signature events, including but not limited to speaker selection, committee recruitment, sponsor solicitation, auction solicitation, collateral design and mailings, budget monitoring, timeline development, and publicity.
- Solicit funding proposals with corporate sponsors. Solicit requests from businesses, restaurants, etc.
- Supervision of volunteers and student interns providing mentorship, management, and guidance.
- Identify, cultivate, and establish relationships with new corporate sponsors, restaurant/silent auction donors, and other supporters while stewarding existing relationships.
- Coordinate annual Bridging Hearts holiday adopt-a-family program.
- Serve as staff liaison for CCS' two Shelter Auxiliaries.
- Monitor and evaluate donor database and systems for updating records.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years in marketing, public relations, event planning, and fundraising.
- Two or more years managing budgets and relationships with sponsors/donors/vendors.
- Experience and proficiency in social media marketing and strategies, including managing content and traffic for e-news/e-blasts, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- One year of non-profit fundraising
- Bilingual/Multilingual fluency of one or more languages (Written and Oral)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point, Access)
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a proactive approach and execute all duties in their entirety
- Proactively adapt to always changing requirements and duties
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to carry up to 20lbs.
10% travel within San Diego County may be required. Must have reliable transportation, a valid California driver's license, and proof of automobile insurance.
Work Hours: Working hours of Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Requires some early morning, evening and weekend availability for events and/or donor relations needs. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position may be required to work remotely.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kylene Jonson at KJonson@ccssd.org
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency