KENSINGTON COMMUNITY CHURCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
An open and affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ, Kensington Community Church (KCC), seeks an Office Administrator to support our ministry and mission. An ideal candidate would bring passion and joy to their work, be inclusive in their outlook, and be supportive of KCC's progressive theology, our Open and Affirming beliefs, and work for social justice.
The purpose of the Office Administrator is twofold:
- to facilitate the day-to-day administrative and programmatic functions of KCC, inclusive of providing clerical support to the Senior Minister, other staff members, and church programs.
- to oversee the day to day administrative operations of KCC.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide administrative support to KCC staff and lay-leadership by preparing printed or digital materials, weekly news e-announcements using various digital and social media platforms, prepare reports, and handling information requests.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date church and preschool website content.
- Assist the Treasurer, Bookkeeper, and Financial Secretaries in making deposits and maintaining accurate financial records through timely data entry.
- Perform clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, checking, and responding to email and mail, answering phone calls, printing, copying, and scanning documents, etc.
- Maintain and publish church, school, and community Google calendars including building use and daily log.
- Keep up-to-date inventories of office supplies and postage. Order and buy supplies as needed.
- Oversee the day-to-day physical plant of the campus, ensuring tidiness of office, alerting the Ministry of Finance and Stewardship of building issues.
- Schedule any building and equipment maintenance.
- Act as the liaison to groups using the facilities.
- Keep bulletin boards updated with information.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- 28 hours per week. Part-time, non-exempt; with the potential to become full-time.
- Monday-Thursday, 8:30 AM -2:30 PM; Friday 8:30 AM- 12:30 PM
- Remote work is available upon approval from Senior Minister
- Compensation will be commensurate with background and experience ($18.00-$22.00 per hour)
- Benefit Package includes paid time off and disability/life insurance; health insurance benefits are negotiable.
The Office Administrator must:
- Share in the vision, mission, and values of KCC, an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ.
- The Office Administrator is expected to be a self-starter, take initiative, be comfortable multi-tasking, and be willing to work within a small yet dynamic team.
- Skilled in the following areas and applications
- Verbal and written communication
- Work organization and time management
- Database data entry and database utilization (i.e. Servant Keeper)
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or other financial software to perform data entry of income and expenses
- Website content creation and basic editing (Word Press)
- Microsoft Office and Google Drive for document and newsletter management, presentation creation, and simple spreadsheet creation
- Willingness to learn new skills and ways of working
- The ability to work well with a diverse set of people and to maintain confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency required
- Some College Level Courses is desired
- Preferred 1-3 years' experience as an office administrator
- Previous job experience as an administrator in a faith community is a plus
Reporting & Evaluation
The Office Administrator reports directly to the Senior Minister. Reviews will be conducted by the Senior Minister and the Ministry of Personnel and Resource.
How to Apply
Please send resume AND cover letter to Rev. Darryl Kistler at firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday, March 9, 2021 to be considered for the position.
Cover letter should include replies to the following questions:
- Having browsed our website (kensingtonucc.com), how might you fit into the culture and vision of the congregation?
- What draws you to apply for this position?
- How does your experience and qualifications make you an ideal candidate to be our new Office Administrator?
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency