This ad is expired.
Posting #: 4668
The Kroc School of Peace Studies trains the changemakers and peacebuilders of today and tomorrow. Kroc is the first stand-alone school of peace in the United States. Innovation in learning and programs is at the center of what we do and who we are. We combine theory and practice not just to understand crises and world issues, but also to imagine new possibilities and develop solutions to humanitys urgent challenges from increasing inequality and violence to climate change. At Kroc, people discover new ways of building more peaceful and socially just communities through a multidisciplinary lens and experiential learning. We look for passionate individuals who believe in the power of university learning to transform the world for the better.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanitys urgent challenges.
This is a full-time temporary, benefit-based position with an anticipated end date of August 31, 2024.
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for managing the design process and development activities for a growing portfolio of innovative hybrid and online education programs. The person in this position will be responsible for coordinating resources to optimize the success of the existing Kroc academic programs that are hybrid and online and create plans for the development of new market-driven online, hybrid and professional programs. Working closely with the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, faculty, recruitment, marketing, and university partners, including Professional and Continuing Education, the PM will play a pivotal role in helping to drive the successful implementation and growth of these programs.
The Program Manager is an entrepreneurial person with knowledge in remote learning and professional programs. They will be an integral part of the Academic Program Team--reporting to the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, with a dotted reporting line to the Associate Dean. This is a full-time temporary position with benefits, with an anticipated end date of August 31, 2024, with the possibility for extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day operations to optimize the management of the existing portfolio of hybrid and online programs.
- Assist in the recruiting of faculty members for teaching and provide support to new instructors.
- Coordinate the hiring and onboarding of new instructors, guiding them through the application and hiring process.
- Facilitate the contracting process for new and returning instructors, ensuring that signed contracts are in place prior to the start of the new semester.
- Ensure instructors receive necessary training on Blackboard and Canvas.
- Collaborate with program directors, faculty and instructional designers to ensure online program quality.
- Manage relationships and contracts with external vendors and partners to ensure compliance with terms, conditions, timelines and deliverables.
- Evaluate program performance and make data-driven recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and pedagogical approaches in online education.
- Help coordinate program events.
New Program Development:
- Lead efforts in the development, implementation and management of new market-driven, hybrid and online (master's degree, certificate and professional) programs.
- Develop comprehensive plans and timelines for new program development, ensuring clear communication of required information to stakeholders at regular intervals.
- Collaborate with faculty and program directors in the development of new programs.
- Establish benchmarks to measure the success of online and hybrid programs.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including, Professional and Continuing Education and other university partners to deliver high-quality programs--provide input on planning, development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of new and existing online graduate programs.
Marketing & Recruitment:
- Collaborate in developing and implementing effective marketing and recruitment strategies to attract and enroll students in the portfolio of online, hybrid, and certificate programs, working closely with the admissions and marketing teams.
- Work closely with the Kroc School marketing and enrollment teams and Professional and Continuing Education's marketing, enrollment and admissions teams to support recruitment efforts.
- Attend weekly pipeline and marketing meetings to contribute to discussions and provide insights.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators such as enrollment numbers, student satisfaction, retention rates, and program outcomes, and make data-driven decisions to improve overall program performance.
- Stay updated on emerging trends and best practices in online and hybrid learning environments.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Open to remote, preference for San Diego based.
Effective June 1, 2023, based on CDC guidance, the University strongly encourages all campus members to stay up to date with Influenza and COVID-19 vaccination recommendations. For more regarding information USD's COVID-19 protocols, please visit sandiego.edu/onward.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Bachelor's degree and five or more years of related experience working in online and hybrid learning/education.
- Proven experience in program management, with knowledge of hybrid and online education.
- Deep understanding of online and hybrid learning environments and their pedagogical principles.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of successfully executing complex initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically, analyze data, and make informed decisions to drive organizational growth.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with capabilities in identifying new opportunities and proposing a pathway for capitalizing those opportunities.
- Proficiency in using technology tools and platforms relevant to online and hybrid education, with preference in knowledge on remote/online learning design.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in education.
- Bachelors degree with seven or more years leading the development of new online and/or hybrid learning programs.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized, motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Entrepreneurial with capacity to identify and develop new opportunities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a collaborative team.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and occasionally high-pressure environment.
- Ability to remain flexible and to work in a growing and changing organization and possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- FERPA Certification
$6,250 - $6,666.67 per month; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The salary range provided in this posting reflects what we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Actual compensation offered or earned is dependent on experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.
Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: August 16, 2023
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/496441/program-manager
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency