Feeding San Diego comprises an ambitious team of individuals who believe that we can solve hunger in our community. We focus our daily work on the one in eight people facing hunger in San Diego County. Every day, we work hand-in-hand with partner agencies, local school districts, corporate partners, individual donors, and a network of volunteers to provide food and resources to our neighbors in need. At the same time, we protect the environment through the rescue of safe and wholesome food that would otherwise go to the landfill — simply because it is excess product, does not adhere to market standards or is approaching a best by or use by date. Together with our partners, Feeding San Diego provided over 26 million meals last year and served 63,000 children, families and seniors each week.
Feeding San Diego is dedicated to building a team that reflects the diverse county we serve. Applicants who strengthen our team are encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the Programs Manager, the Programs Coordinator of Feeding San Diego (FSD) is primarily responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations and implementation of FSD's direct food distribution programs. In collaboration with schools, faith communities, healthcare partners and more, the position will work to bring food resources, outreach materials, and other programming to food insecure people and families in San Diego County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are considered to be essential, but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed. Evening and weekend work required as determined by operational needs or as assigned.
- Work closely with partners and distribution sites to ensure strategic and effective food assistance programs
- Place program food orders using Excel and our internal inventory program, Ceres
- Facilitate coordination with all other FSD departments involved in ensuring successful service delivery, online ordering, and pick-ups Connect distribution partners with nutrition resources and distribution improvement resources, including: grant opportunities, client-choice transitions, and dignified distribution ideas
Compliance Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and national food safety and monitoring standards
- Monitor distribution sites to ensure adherence to all compliancy requirements Ensure partners report correct and accurate information through monthly reports
- Conduct regular surveys with partners to measure partner and participant satisfaction
Partner Capacity Building & Education:
- Schedule and perform food safety trainings, orientations, and other specific training sessions as needed with new and existing partners
- Maintain training records and files, update training materials as needed
- Review and update FSD's partner capacity materials including, but not limited to: handbooks, standard operating procedures, and application and monitoring forms
- Act as a primary point of contact for a diverse range of contacts at partner sites
- Seek new community relationships through meeting attendance, community engagement events, and other outreach efforts
- Oversee survey administration and support program evaluation by effectively communicating outcomes from program deliverables with partner sites
- Maintain a strong connection with partners through regular communication including: a monthly e-newsletter, phone calls, emails, and site visits
- Represent FSD to community groups and the general public through active participation at meetings, involvement in events throughout the community, and official media outlets
- Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings as scheduled
- Support Programs Manager with grant reporting and other departmental needs by reporting program challenges, testimonials, data, and other information
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience working with members of underrepresented groups, preferably within the nonprofit sector
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience working with competing priorities, deadlines, and multi-tasking
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Outlook (intermediate proficiency or above strongly preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, or English and another non-English language
- Educational background in field related to Social Services, Public Policy, Business Administration, Management, or comparable course of study
- Experience in food distribution programs, food security and hunger-relief work, and/or volunteer coordination
- Experience working with state and federal regulations, specifically federal nutrition programs
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to hunger-relief and FSD's mission
- General knowledge of administrative office-based practices
- Basic understanding and interest in promoting nutrition education and other social services that help families become self-sufficient
- A professional demeanor with an aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to demonstrate responsibility and initiative
- inexperience using Microsoft Office applications, including: , Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and representation in the community
- Excellent verbal, written, , organizational, and public speaking skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume directly to HumanResources@feedingsandiego.org
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency